This EPP aspires to increase the overall appeal of Greater Kuala Lumpur/Klang Valley
by creating and identifying iconic landmarks and attractions throughout the region.
Led jointly by the Ministry of Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing and Dewan
Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL), this EPP will leverage existing attractions and landmarks
to cement KL’s unique identity and heritage.
Four initiatives have been identified under this EPP, comprising:
- Establishing and enhancing Heritage Trails (HT) by developing guided pedestrian
trails through landmark sites such as Dataran Merdeka, Medan Pasar and Central Market.
The first route on the HT is expected for completion by June 2013, with Routes Two
and Three to open to visitors by August.
- Reviving Medan Pasar by transforming the area into a pedestrian arcade.
- Upgrading Masjid Jamek.
- Creating a Malaysia Truly Asia Centre (MTAC), an integrated cultural tourism park
managed by Themed Attraction Resorts, a subsidiary of Khazanah Nasional.
- Medan Pasar was officially launched on 13 December 2014 by the Minister of Federal Territories in conjunction with the KL International Drum and Dance Festival.
- DBKL is also looking at revamping the Medan Pasar area by changing the retail operators to those more suited for tourism attraction. In 2014, two retail operators in Medan Pasar were changed.
- To uplift the atmosphere of Medan Pasar, DBKL successfully organised four events in Medan Pasar in 2014.
Damansara City 2
GuocoLand Malaysia will develop Damansara City 2, an integrated development in Pusat Bandar Damansara.