This EPP is focused on raising awareness on Malaysia as a regional education hub, capitalising on the expected growth of international student mobility, projected at almost 6 million by 2020.
To this end, initiatives under this EPP have been implemented to help Malaysia double its foreign student enrolment to at least 200,000 and to raise international student fees by about 50% by 2020.
These initiatives include improving the application of student passes for international students and enhancing international student experiences in the country.
- In 2014, 54,728 applications from 147 countries were submitted through Education Malaysia Global Services' (EMGS) online Student Application and Registration System, 87% higher than in 2013. Of these, 47,564 Visa Approval Letters were issued, exceeding the target of 36,000 letters for 2014.
- In 2014, EMGS launched enhancements including:
- Online Applications Tracking
- Online Medical Report Submission
- Increased efficiency of the one-stop-centre through the operations of the Malaysian Immigration Department at EMGS
- Issuance of iKad for international students
- Expanding access to medical facilities through the expansion of the network of panel clinics from 30 in 2013 to 95 at present
- Expansion of services to cover student applications to International Accreditation Centres
- Analytics dashboard for business intelligence.