Communications Content & Infrastructure
Sectors

EPP 6: Deepening e-Government

  • GNI by 2020 (mil)
    RM1,100.06
  • Projected jobs by 2020
    1,000

EPP 6.0 - Deepening e-Government

This EPP focuses on building an information structure for the Government that is centralised and outsourced, while ensuring all Government facilities are connected to access necessary information. Efforts to achieve this include initiatives taken in 2012 targeting for 50% of all intra-Government transactions (e.g. job applications and internal circulars) to be completed online. A zero face-to-face target was also set, aiming for 90% of Government-related counter services to be made online, with the remaining 10% to be completed via e-forms by 2020.

As Government services become increasingly digitised, this EPP will also look at addressing digital security concerns.

Highlights

  • The Ministry of Transport and the Ministry of Youth and Sports adopted DDMS in 2014, bringing the total number of agencies adopting DDMS to five.
  • In 2014, more than 352,000 logins were recorded for the myGovernment Portal, double the target set for the year.
  • To date, approximately 77% of Government services are now online, while 65 Federal Government premises in Putrajaya have been connected with Putrawifi.
  • The National Phytosanitary Certification System and eCert were completed at the end of 2014, putting in place a phytosanitary certification system for agricultural plant exports and imports.
2015/04/13
EPP Champions

Photo Gallery

Status:
Work In Progress
Economic Transformation Programme
The ETP Transformation Story
The Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) is a comprehensive effort that will transform Malaysia into a high-income nation by 2020.
Copyright © 2013 Performance Management & Delivery Unit (PEMANDU)