This EPP focuses on the areas of business process outsourcing (BPO), IT process outsourcing (ITO) and knowledge process outsourcing (KPO), with the view of creating a globally competitive outsourcing industry and establishing Malaysia as an offshoring and outsourcing hub.
MAMPU, an agency under the Prime Minister’s Department, was tasked to lead the consolidation of the Government’s IT and non-core business processes, targeting 30% in cost savings by 2020.
In addition, Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) and Outsourcing Malaysia (OM) were empowered to ensure Malaysia's continued attractiveness as a global outsourcing and offshoring hub.
- Export revenue of outsourcing companies reached RM2.02 billion in 2014, surpassing the target of RM1.83 billion, driven by ongoing activities by Malaysian outsourcing companies to provide value-added services to customers and the completion of Symphony House Bhd’s US$6.6 million acquisition by Aegis, one of the world's largest business services providers.
- 13,953 new jobs were created in 2014 against a target of 13,836.
- To date, 49 Government agencies have migrated to outsource data services.
- To date, 254,330 users have been migrated into 1GovUC, the Government’s Unified Communications system.
- Malaysia maintained its ranking for the 10th straight year as the third-best location in the world for SSO on AT Kearney's 2014 Global Location Services Index.
- VADS, a leading Malaysian business process outsourcing company, was named the global and Asia Pacific enterprise solution provider of the year at the 2014 VMware Partner Network Awards.
- In November 2014, the Goldbury Global IT Automotive Outsourcing Hub was launched as a project under this EPP, targeting to generate RM113 million in GNI, 450 highly skilled jobs and RM4.2 million in investments. Located in Medini Iskandar, Nusajaya, the hub will support automotive companies using SAP's automotive solutions and is expected to service 100,000 SAP users globally.
Brandt International, a Malaysian company will be expanding its operations in Malaysia to scale up to 1,000 headcount by end 2013 in order to serve offshore clients with the setting up a large customer experience operations in Malaysia.
AMD Global Services Centre
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has opened a new state-of-the-art Global Services Centre in Cyberjaya. Occupying more than 80,000 square feet...